Monday, November 18, 2013

Keeping First Things First!



Today is the launch day of my Blog, the “Lesson Clearinghouse” and I wanted to talk a little about keeping first things first and this lesson I created does just that and more.
This particular item is called, “Sentence Scavenger Hunt” and it is meant to serve as an assessment of sorts. 

This item, tells students to find the first word in the sentence and also to identify the end mark of the sentence. 
This correlates to the Common Core Standard RF 1.1a “Recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence (e.g., first word, capitalization, ending punctuation)”

This mini-assessment will give you a quick glimpse to see if your students are grasping this important concept or if you need to revisit it.
Over the weeks to come, I will highlight another lesson or unit available through my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. I hope that you are able to find something that will be of use to you. 

Serving You One Teacher to Another,
Adrian Selmon

No comments:

Post a Comment